Happy New Year!
I dropped a series of tweets this morning that I’ll just repost here to keep it short and sweet…
In five days we begin filming #TheCCDoc — a documentary on #Lipids, #HeartDisease, and the phenomenon of higher #LDL #Cholesterol observed in many following the #keto/#lchf lifestyle.https://t.co/zG0fOom8W8— Dave Feldman (@DaveKeto) January 1, 2020
This will either be a single feature length documentary (90-120m) or a series of topic episodes (40-55m each)
I’ll be interviewing experts across the opinion spectrum. Pro lipid hypothesis, moderate, skeptic, liberal on statins vs conservative, etc.
- History of cholesterol discovery
- The #LowCarb movement and high “diet induced” #LDL
- The science and data of risk: intervention, genetic, and observational
- The two Triads, atherogenic dyslipidemia and ⬆️LDL+⬆️HDL+⬇️Triglycerides
Some are cautious, some confident, and some have taken steps to change.
I know many documentaries these days often tell one side of the story. When I say I hope to have experts across the opinion spectrum, I mean it! If you’ve followed my process for a while, you know I’m sincere in this endeavor. Each major position should be represented.
So if you’re a Lipidologist, Cardiologist, or other expert in this field and we’re visiting your city in January or February, please consider reaching out to us here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFrcQVQPg-XFKfG-Su1qO_BTn8-JQJVR1gCNz2im0zl-4WFA/viewform
(U.S. schedule for March and later coming soon…)
Questions will include:
- If a #LowCarb diet high in #SaturatedFat increases one’s cholesterol, even if it lowers many of their other heart disease risk factors, should it be avoided?
- Do people with low #LDL live longer than those with high #LDL?
- What can genetics tell us about the role of #LDL causality with heart disease? Are there any limitations in this form of science?
- Do #LDL particles serve any benefit to the human body?
- Is there any known context where high #LDL associates with low heart disease risk?
I can’t wait to ask these and many other questions on this journey of discovery. What better year to get a new perspective than 2020?
Lastly — I’ll be posting many updates on social media along the way. Use the hashtag #TheCCDoc to ping us.
Wish us good variance! 🙂