We’re considering an experiment that would be held at Low Carb USA in San Diego this July 25-28. We’d have many of those attending the conference participate in the Feldman Protocol for a study by Bikman and his team. And we’re incredibly fortunate that Doug and his conference will be sponsoring this project if enough people are interested.
Here’s the timeline and how it would work:
- Participants would register for the experiment through the Low Carb USA website.
- On Thursday morning, the 25th, they’d get an advanced blood test. This will likely include a lipid panel, insulin, glucagon, Lp(a), GGT, Ferritin, and many others.
- Participants will then consume excess calories while remaining on a low carb high fat diet for all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. (See the protocol page for more on this)
- On Sunday morning, the 28th, participants will get a second blood test to capture lipids, insulin and glucagon.
And that’s the experiment in a nutshell. The data collected will be anonymized to the research team, but you’ll be able to retrieve your own bloodwork through a unique ID provided to you during the experiment.
Low Carb USA to Potentially Sponsor this Experiment
To our surprise, Doug is offering to have Low Carb USA pick up the tab on the bloodwork and phlebotomy for every participant. The only requirement is that this only applies for tickets sold for at least the current (non-Early Bird) price of $499. In other words:
- If you were to register today, whether for the Basic ($499) or VIP ticket ($724) — there would be no extra charge.
- If you already got better than today’s pricing, you’d need to make up the difference to reach at least $499.
So in short, everyone would get both a ticket to the conference, free advanced bloodwork, and a chance to join this experiment with Ben and I for the base cost of a ticket today. (Really gotta hand it to Doug for considering this.)
Are YOU In?
IMPORTANT — this is not official yet. We need to first gauge the REAL INTEREST out there for those who would be serious about joining this experiment were it offered. This is a trial balloon. So please respond only if YOU are serious and would commit to this if it were offered. Comment down below or use the hashtag, #InForGroundswell on social media. We’ll try to decide over the next week based on the response.