We’re doing a #BloodTestingDrive at Low Carb Houston where people can have their labs taken right there at the conference. Appointments will span the mornings of Thursday and Friday, and as always, we recommend being 12-14 hours fasted before the blood draw.
Register at HoustonBloodDraw.com
Nadir and I discuss the blood testing on location, how it works, what tests are taken (listed below) and next steps:
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR), also known as a LipoProfile – includes both standard cholesterol markers and a subfraction analysis (such as lipoprotein counts “LDL-P” and “small LDL-P”)
- CBC With Differential/Platelet
- Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
- Fatty Acids, Free (Nonester)
- Ferritin, Serum
- Hemoglobin A1c
- High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein
- Insulin serum
- Lipoprotein (a)
Just wondering – if flying in from Europe for the conference – would jet lag, effect of water retention from the flight (my feet & ankles always swell up) be confounders to the test results?
Can I get this blood test here in California from my local Labcorp facility for the special pricing for your study?
Hi – the pricing is for those able to attend the conference and get their blood draw on-site, unfortunately. However, you could get equivalent tests via Labcorp or Quest through sites like Ulta Lab Tests, Request a Test, etc. The pricing would be different, though.